I have found a way to wash my makeup brushes. You don’t have to do exactly what I do, but this is how I began to wash them so they could last long and become soft.
I am going to introduce to you products I use for my makeup brushes:
- e.l.f. Daily Brush Cleaner
- Beauty Concepts Brush Shampoo and Scrub Duo
If you cannot find this duo anywhere, you could use the following products:
- Brush Scrub
- Dish Soap (optional)
This is what I used to wash my makeup brushes with until I received the duo. There are steps I take into keeping my makeup brushes as clean as I could get them. Here are the steps I take:
- Between 1-2 weeks, I spray my brushes with the e.l.f. Daily Brush Cleaner after each use.
- I wipe my brushes on a clean towel. I keep in mind to wash these brushes along with the towel every two weeks.
- When they two weeks is here, I wash all my makeup brushes that I used with the Beauty Concepts Brush Shampoo and Brush Scrub Duo. I follow the instructions as it is written on the back.
- I place them in my makeup brush stack far away from the rest and let them air dry.
Before receiving the duo, I used to scrub my makeup brushes on the scrub with dish soap until all residue was removed. How I used to wash my brushes compared to how I wash them today has made a huge difference. There is less residue being washed out and my brushes go through less stress when it’s time to wash them. I hope this can help someone out there with washing makeup brushes without there being too much damage.
Comment below ways in which you wash your makeup brushes and products you use to do so.
I have reviews of each products used linked below: